[ee122] Me and MNL: an awkward romance

Linda Sha lindablus at berkeley.edu
Sun Dec 9 21:11:31 PST 2007

Hi all,

I tried to compile MNL on sphere.cs and I got this error:

sphere [10] ~/receiver > make -f Makefile.MNL
gcc -g -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv -o TestSend TestSend.o MNLClient.o
ld: fatal: file MNLClient.o: wrong ELF machine type: EM_SPARC
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to TestSend
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `TestSend'

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

-Linda