[ee122] proto_parser csv

Lisa Fowler fowler at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 10 00:36:07 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 12:29 AM, Lisa Fowler <fowler at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007 12:25 AM, Kristian Lyngbaek
>
> <kristianlyngbaek at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> > I am very confused about how the proto_parser relates to the csv files.
> >
> > Is proto_parser supposed to generate the 2 (sender+receiver) csv files so
> > the reader can run it. ?
> > Or is the proto_parse supposed to print the data to standard out and are we
> > supposed to generate the csv files before hand and turn them in with out
> > submission?
>
> The proto_parser is a tool for you to generate CSV files.  If you want
> the proto_parser output to be a CSV file, then that's a fab idea.  If
> you'd rather do some twiddling later to get the output to turn into a
> CSV, that's also up to you.  You are REQUIRED to turn in those CSVs,
> so however you get there is fine with me.

Let me make an addendum to this - I, your Proj 2 grader, will be
running additional tests alongside what you will have given me.  I
would really love to be able to give you credit for your work.
Therefore, you must give me descriptive output and/or a functioning
custom proto_parser.  The more straightforward the better.  A happy
grader is a happy grader :)

-Lisa