[ee122] Unable to capture any packets

Simon Tan simtan at berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 10 17:54:06 PST 2007

Capturing on the file_recv receiving port does capture packets, but we
found that we get more complete results (i.e. we capture both outgoing and
incoming packets coming on both sender and receiver sides) if we capture
on the MNLDaemons' listening ports.

However, for some reason, capturing on the MNLDaemon's ports didn't
capture any packets at first -- we had to add 1 to the port numbers
(MNLDaemon's listening port + 1)  to capture packets. This seems
completely ridiculous, but it actually worked (in our case at least). Can
anyone give us insight as to why? (Is MNLDaemon buggy?)

--
~Simon Tan >> undergraduate at UC Berkeley
Source: simtan at berkeley.edu