[ee122] tshark question

phamductri at berkeley.edu phamductri at berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 10 18:02:11 PST 2007

so tshark can capture loop back, this is the the one that I tried:
tshark -c 1000 -w trace -f "udp and port 3456" -T text(on the receiver)
tshark -c 1000 -w trace -f "udp and udp dst 3456" -T text (on the sender)
the sender and receiver is the same machine, i run tshark in two different
terminal, somehow tshark does not capture anything. Any ideas ? (I know
that I have to do two separate machine, but i'm testing the parser right
now, while my partner is finishing the rest)

Thanks ,

Tri