[ee122] Lisa not available 10am-10pm tomorrow

Lisa Fowler fowler at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 12 21:49:33 PST 2007

I apologize to the last-minute folks, but I will be stuck in an
airplane or transit related vehicles/establishments from 10am-10pm
tomorrow and will thus not be available to answer specific questions
during that time.  If you have questions, ask them tonight and I will
respond in the morning, or ask them later to the list or directly to
Professor Paxson.  With the power of the Internet on my phone, I will
be able to answer **SHORT** questions when I'm in an airport at around
4-5pm, so feel free to send me short non-time-critical questions.

I've answered a few questions already on the list and to people in
private.  Here are some frequently asked questions:

* Do headers have to be word-aligned?  -- Not necessarily, but argue
your stance.
* Do we need checksums?  -- If you decide you want or need a checksum,
don't kill yourself with the math.  A parity bit is sufficient.
* If such-and-such is provided by an underlying layer, and we want to
use that pre-existing feature, can we?  -- Yes.
* How detailed do our FSMs need to be?  -- As detailed as necessary.
Feel free to have several at different "granularities".

-Lisa