[ee122] accept() concept

Richard Schmidt huntingtonsurfca at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 21:34:33 PST 2007

I was wondering if the socket returned by accept() has the same port number
on the server side of the pipe as the listener.

I am trying to write my version of accept and I want to make sure that I
know what's going on conecptually.

Also, a lot of these send() recv() calls seem to happen under the surface of
our application (where the client seems to be continuously ACK'ing packets
even though they're not technically in the recv() call). Does this pose a
problem, namely with RTT and timeouts? How does the normal TCP do it when we
use send()/recv()? It seems like the OS handles everything for us (ACK
wise).

Thanks,
Rick