[ee122] listen()

Davide Cerri davide.cerri at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 11:27:51 PST 2007

Hello,
i am not sure about listen(). In real tcp, we set a listener, and then
we rely on select to know when to call accept. So how are we going to
implement listen? are we just gonna bind a port and mark it somehow as
a listener?
Also, since our system is not running at kernel level, can we use
select the same way we did before, so that the user will call accept
only when there is something in the buffer? My problem here is that
the fd i return to the user is not a real fd, but a number that is
used by my functions to store information about the socket. Do i have
to create a my_select? and if that's the case can i just write an easy
wrap around the real select?

thanks

--
~/Davide Cerri