[ee122] packet parsing skeleton (Re: project 2 provided files)

vern at cs.berkeley.edu vern at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 28 23:21:04 PST 2007

> > http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ee122/fa07/
> > projects/p2files/).  When will these files be available?
>
> This is held up on getting support on the instructional machines for
> libpcap, which is the standard Unix packet-capture library.

This has now been installed on the instructional machines.  I've updated
p2files/Makefile with the necessary compiler/linker options.

There's also now a file p2files/udp.dump which is a trace of a some simple
DNS (over UDP) activity.  You can exercise the skeleton on this file by
invoking "packet_parser udp.dump".

		Vern