[ee122] Project 1b error codes

Eric Cheung ericcheung at berkeley.edu
Sat Oct 6 16:30:16 PDT 2007

For the HTTP/1.0 400 errors, the spec doesn't list "spurious token
before CRLF" as one of the errors, as it was in part a.  Is this a
mistake or should those errors be included in "invalid http-version token"?

Also, assuming we're still using greedy matching, when returning the
corresponding offending token, should we just return the rest of the
request that doesn't match or just the rest of the request up to the
next space?
e.g.
should it be:
GETa /index.html HTTP/1.0 --> Invalid Request-URI token: a /index.html
HTTP/1.0
or:
GETa /index.html HTTP/1.0 --> Invalid Request-URI token: a

and

should it be:
GET /index.html~~~~ HTTP/1.0 --> Invalid Request-URI token: /index.html~~~~
or
GET /index.html~~~~ HTTP/1.0 --> Invalid Request-URI token:
/index.html~~~~ HTTP/1.0

Thanks
- Eric