[ee122] Project 1b - what to turn in for wireshark lab

vern at cs.berkeley.edu vern at cs.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 18 00:16:44 PDT 2007

> I'm a little confused as to whether or not we should be submitting
> packet traces for the textbook part of the lab.  It says " when turning
> in this part of the project you need to include traces you captured
> yourself" underneath the textbook part on page 7 of the spec, but then
> it says on page 8 "For each of the additional steps (but not for the
> main Lab), include a text dump of the relevant lines from your trace
> files", which makes it seem like we shouldn't be submitting the traces
> from the textbook lab part.

Oops, sorry that got muddled.  What was meant was that you turn in traces
you captured for the additional steps, but not for 1-19; and that while
it's fine to consult the textbook traces for 1-19, you should devise your
answers based on traces you yourself capture (even though for this part
you don't turn in those traces).

		Vern