[ee122] [Project1B] URI Question
Jonathan D. Ellithorpe
jde at berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 18 21:57:54 PDT 2007
The specification says that the client can send, as the last part of a URI:
I am wondering particularly about these dots '.' and ".."
1) Do 2 dots indicate a move back one directory?
2) If so, and if the client must already specify a full URI, why would
the client ever use these dots if it could easily remove as many ending
directories as there are dots before sending the GET request?
3) The maximum number of dots is 2?
4) Is it possible to have dots not at the end of a URI? For example:
5) Does a single dot mean anything?
More information about the ee122