[ee122] Failure to overwrite file on client side

Simon Tan simtan at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 23 20:36:38 PDT 2007

To follow up on this, I would like to point attention to the following
line in the spec, in the section "Client Behavior":

If the request does not succeed, your client should print the status code
and associated text, such as:
403 Forbidden: /secret/diary.html

This doesn't make much sense, since the HTTP headers should have already
been printed. (A little earlier in that section, the spec says to print
the response message to standard output. A 403 Foribidden would have been
part of that response message.)

Also, if this is somehow referring to what happens when a client runs into
permission issues when trying to *save* data to a file, why would the
client be printing "403 Forbidden" to the user? And why would the client
be trying to save a filename like "/secret/diary.html", when it really
should be trying to save a file named "diary.html" (everything after the
last '/'.)?

My main question is really reiterating what Eric asked below...