[ee122] bucket of questions

vern at cs.berkeley.edu vern at cs.berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 28 22:43:14 PDT 2007

> > The client can close a persistent connection whenever it wants. So if
> > the client gets a bad response from the server, then it should close the
> > connection.
>
> Does this count for 403, 404, 501, etc. errors? I.e. if a client gets
> anything *other than* a parsable 200 OK response, can it close its
> connection even though it is a persistent client?

It can close it even if it gets a 200 response (once it receives the item
that goes with the response).

Persistent connections are not a promise by the client to keep the connection
open; they're a promise by the server to accept multiple requests on the
connection if the client decides to send them.

		Vern