[ee122] resolving filesnames and directories

Lisa Fowler fowler at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 29 22:33:07 PDT 2007

Close, but you're missing the first step....

e.g. request is for "http://www.domain.com/foo"

Assume is not a directory.  Test for file "foo":
  + File "foo" exists.  Return foo or permission denied.
  + File "foo" does not exist.  Return does not exist.
  + File "foo" is not a file, but is a directory.

Then, if directory, continue as you described.

I hope that helps!

Lisa