[ee122] Persistent Connection Hanging

vern at cs.berkeley.edu vern at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 31 04:05:18 PDT 2007

> How about when you request a file that is empty and the client is
> persistent?

and closes the connection.

> The spec doesn't say if we should tack on anything in the entity.

Right.  This was an omission on our part.  (Note that it's a SHOULD, not
a MUST, in the spec.)

> Not
> putting anything in the entity will cause the Safari/Firefox to hang.
> Should we add <space><CRLF><CRLF>, or something else?

If you want to implement this, any valid entity will do.  You could for
example return something like like the following (which I took from the
lightweight "thttpd" server):

	HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found