[ee122] What to save on client for extrapolated request

Peter Bogatsky pbogatsky at berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 31 13:05:52 PDT 2007

Assume ./dir/index.html is a valid file on the server. The client
requests /dir, and we find that ./dir/index.html exists, so we send
it. Does the client save this file as dir or index.html? I'm thinking
it should save it as dir since the client doesn't know about the
magic we did behind the scenes in appending the /index.html to the
request, but logically, the client should want to save it as
index.html since it contains html.

Thanks,
Peter