[ee122] Fwd: Project 1

Ofer Sadgat ofer at berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 11 23:24:23 PDT 2007

Yes, but what I am asking is does TCP ensure that data from a call to send
will arrive at the other side in the same order or does it also ensure that
multiple calls to send will arrive in the order that send is called? For
example, what if the second of the two packets sent takes a faster path? Is
the time encoded into the packet? Because if it isn't, then whats to say
which came first? You could have a field which orders them, but then that
would have a maximum size, what would happen when that is exceeded?

More concretely:
	Send(dataA)
	Send(dataB)

Other side: