[ee122] compile questions for proj1

abhishekd at berkeley.edu abhishekd at berkeley.edu
Sun Sep 16 21:51:47 PDT 2007

Hi,

So I don't exactly understand how to compile the client file I have been
working on so far. Either that or my includes are messed up...I keep
getting the following error when doing gcc -g -Wall -std=c99 -o
http_client.o client.c   client.h

gethostbyname                       /var/tmp//cckWfo1l.o
socket                              /var/tmp//cckWfo1l.o
connect                             /var/tmp//cckWfo1l.o

My includes are as follows:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <netdb.h>

That may be more includes than I need...I probably have some simple error
that needs to be fixed but am stuck at the moment and can't really
progress without solving this issue...

Thanks for your help
Abhishek Doshi