[ee122] HW1: 2b clarification

Simon Tan simtan at berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 18 21:17:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was under the impression that a 'one-way delay' included transmission
delay (as well as processing, queuing, and propagating delays) in one
compact, convenient number for our calculations. At least, that is the
definition I find by searching and asking around.

If the '40 ms' that was referenced only applies to RTT (which, I also
presumed, was round-trip time, the sum of two one-way delays and
neglecting the factor of 'response time'), then I would have to calculate
some other number to multiply by my number of packets, wouldn't I?

What of part (c) of the question - it is using RTT again, so do we go back
to  basing the answer on '40ms'?

Thanks for any clarification of "one-way delay", "RTT", and "time to
transmit" you can provide.