[ee122] hmwk problem Number 2.16

Jonathan D. Ellithorpe jde at berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 20 18:01:46 PDT 2007

Ah very interesting. That is why you and I are saying different things.

On page 339 of the textbook it says:

"The maximum amount of data that a link layer frame can carry is called
the maximum transmission unit (MTU)."

Which conflicts directly with:

"MTU is the length of the largest link-layer frame that can be sent by
the local sending host"