[ee122] persistent structs

Nescio Nomen nescionomen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 00:59:18 PDT 2007

Let's say for example that a call to bind looks like this:

bind(sockfd, (struct sockaddr *) &sin, sizeof (sin))

You have to make a struct at some point to feed the bind function.  This is
true for many other network functions.  Do any of these structs have to be
persistent (aka on the heap)?  My guess is no but it's hard to tell.  Most
of the examples I've seen are short and the code within a single function,
such that the stack is never cleared until everything is already done.