[ee122] timeouts

Nescio Nomen nescionomen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 16:06:26 PDT 2007

Do we have to implement some kind of timeout anywhere in our code?  I don't
think the specs mention it, and I see that Beej and most other people do not
implement a time out for example in select().

Also, if we get some kind of error in our server code (eg an accept() fails
at some point or read() returns -1), we should *always* just print an error
and terminate with exit(1), and *not*, for example, try to recover and
continue listening for more clients.  Should we ever attempt a recovery?