[ee122] about switching from newsletter to newsgroup

phamductri at berkeley.edu phamductri at berkeley.edu
Sat Sep 22 18:25:34 PDT 2007

hello, I just wonder whether we can switch from using newsletter to using
a newsgroup. I receive so many emails a day from the newsletter that I
feel like I was being spammed. Many of the emails in the email list asking
questions that have nothing to do with the problems that I have. And the
announcement mix along with questions making it hard for me to read.

I think the newsletter should use for announcement only (extended OHs,
deadlines, etc...) while the newsgroup should use for asking questions
related to projects and HWs. This is the standard practice in almost all
other C.S class that I've been to. I don't see why we don't do that in
this class

Thanks