[ee122] The terminating characters

Richard Schmidt huntingtonsurfca at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 19:09:09 PDT 2007

The server should consider both requests (ending in CRLF) as individual
requests. Thus both are error-filled. Still, I think that the server should
observe that there is 2 messages in the buffer on one recv() from the same
fileDescriptor.

I think this aspect (however much complexity it adds and I haven't been able
to test it cause my messages aren't big enough... yet) adds to the
resilience of the server.

Imagine the client was automated and relayed requests coming from different
parts of the program. It would make sense to pack in the messages as tightly
as possible so that you aren't wasting packets on the tail ends of a
message. In that sense, having the server (and client) be able to identify
multiple messages in one recv() would be crucial.

However, I did put in a check saying (if there's only one end of message
here, and it's at the end of the recv() amount) then the server should close
the connection.

I think multple messages in one packet kind of defines the idea of TCP
packet streaming, but again, I haven't got messages that I'm able to stack
into a send().
Rick