[Netalyzr] DNS redirected to third-part​y servers: www.google​.com

Maciej Soltysiak maciej at soltysiak.com
Thu Jun 14 11:26:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

My netalyzr runs recently start to show that my ISP redirects
www.google.comto 3rd party.
I would like to make sure it's me or my ISP and not something changed in
google CDN or Netalyzr so could anyone else verify if you are getting
similar results, please?
My run is here:
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca253f-21386-3947730d-5148-4bce-9140#DNSLookup

The IPs that get resolved are:
46.28.247.113
46.28.247.118

Possible reasons:
- DNS issues on my home router, which has a bit experimental software
(cerowrt from bufferbloat.net), but it didn't show before on same firmware.
- Ongoing cache poisoning attack. My ISP DNS is 62.21.99.95
- this might be if google is using another pool for CDN then it's a false
positive. -- I'm located in Poznan, Poland, (Europe)

Best regards,
Maciej Soltysiak