[Netalyzr] Documentation on client & server transcripts and json file

Nicholas Weaver nweaver at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Apr 9 06:47:42 PDT 2013

On Apr 9, 2013, at 5:16 AM, "Gaurav Aggarwal" <jca112100 at iitd.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was checking the json file which could be fetched for particular id. For
> NAT detection, I noticed this thing:
> {
>            "comment": "",
>            "name": "NAT detection",
>            "results": null,
>            "warning": "",
>            "testnames": [
>                "checkLocalAddr"
>            ],
>            "linkname": null,
>            "problem": ""
> },
> The above thing do tell that the NAT is not present when actually it was.
> The test summary and client & server transcripts though had it mentioned
> that nat was present. Am I missing something?

No, its that the JSON results for the server side are incomplete.  We added the JSON code relatively recently for researcher support, but most of that support is accessing all that the client does (which IS in the JSON 100%).

If you need the results of this particular test in the JSON output, we can add it in for the next update and/or document how to get the information from the client side data.

> Also is there any documentation available to infer client & server
> transcripts and json file?

Not really.  The JSON file includes all the client uploaded information, both the results and pointers to any uploaded files, but documentatino of what the client does is not formal but only informal in the transcript.