[Netalyzr] how to run single test in the CLI version

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Feb 9 08:45:14 PST 2018

Hi,

I've successfully used Netalyzr CLI client for a lot of years and it's
been really useful. Now lately I had a device crash on one of the tests.
I'd like to isolate exactly what causes the device to crash when it's
seeing certain traffic through it, so I'd like to run one test at a time
and make sure I find the minimum set of packets to provide to the vendor
to show how to replicate the crash.

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/cli.html suggests that there is a "-m
<mode>" but no description of that this mode is.

My suspicion is that the "-m <mode>" might give me the option of just
running a single test, but I can't find a syntax that works for me (I
tried running "strings" on the java files and using grep to find a mode,
but didn't find anything useful.

Any suggestions on how to make the CLI version run a single test?

Thanks.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se