[Netalyzr] hello, two things please

Christian Kreibich christian at icir.org
Tue Jan 2 15:58:20 PST 2018

Hi Steve,

On 12/21/2017 12:04 PM, Steve H. wrote:
> 1- Is the Netalyzr project still active ?

Yes, although Cole's suspicion that some of the original authors have
moved on is indeed correct. We're currently working on migrating the
web-based version of Netalyzr over to a pure JavaScript version. We're
hoping to release this version in the second half of the year.

> 2- Will the Android app ever get fixed ? It seems to be broken.
> See here for comments:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.berkeley.icsi.netalyzr.android

This is the tricky part -- we're currently severely short-staffed for
Android development. Thanks for flagging the comments. We do actually
read them! Things may look better in the second half of the month.
Fingers crossed.

> Thank you very much. This project is very cool, and hopefully will never
> die.

Thank you so much for the praise. We agree -- in our opinion Netalyzr
should be a self-sustaining project, but unfortunately we've so far been
unable to arrange the project's future accordingly.

All best,
Christian