[Netalyzr] hello, two things please

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jan 3 04:07:09 PST 2018

On Tue, 2018-01-02 at 15:58 -0800, Christian Kreibich wrote:

> This is the tricky part -- we're currently severely short-staffed
> for
> Android development.

There is a solution to this problem...

> Thank you so much for the praise. We agree -- in our opinion
> Netalyzr
> should be a self-sustaining project, but unfortunately we've so far
> been
> unable to arrange the project's future accordingly.

Is it open source?  That could go a long way to making an otherwise
doomed project self-sustaining.

If it's not open source, why isn't it, particularly when it's being
developed at a non-profit center for research in computer science at an
.edu?  Not to mention it's at least partial government (IOW, taxpayer)
funded (NSF as one).

b.