[Xorp-hackers] question about fea

edrt edrt@citiz.net
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:40:20 +0800

Hi All,

I have a question to make clear about fea :

In fea, the interface manager keeps a copy of the kernel interface configuration, and use
netlink socket (if system supports) to trace the interface update. At the same time,
Fti manager doesn't keep such copy of kernel forwarding table, and the netlink notify
processing function also not implemented (such as FtiConfigEntryObserverNetlink::receive_data).

Why don't Fti manager use the same scheme as interface manager, so it could also
incrementally update kernel forwarding table information to other xorp module (eg. mfea
doesn't need to read the whole forwarding table from kernel every 10 seconds).

Am I missing something, or it's just a temp hack to anticipate the RIB module later
take over that responsiblity?

Thanks
Eddy