[Xorp-hackers] compiling error in Fedora 2

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:38:43 -0700

> > Add the net-snmp source code directory into your search path so that
> > you can run net-snmp-config.
> >
> > Also the where-is-your-net-snmp/include is not in the -I...
> > list during compilation.
>
> It appears that the net-snmp pre-compiled distribution on Fedora
> doesn't contain net-snmp-config nor any .h header files.
> Hence, for the time being you have the following three options:
>
> (1) Install net-snmp from source rather than from RPM.
> (2) Run "./configure --without-snmp" to disable the SNMP compilation.
> (3) Do nothing :)
>     The "mibs" directory is the last in the list of directories to
>     compile, hence even if the compilation in that directory fails,
>     the rest of the system is not affected.

FYI, I just commited a better check to the "./configure" script,
hence if you use XORP-current the SNMP compilation should be
automatically disabled if net-snmp-config is missing.

Regards,
Pavlin