[Xorp-hackers] FEA for Click

Xavier Brouckaert xbr@info.ucl.ac.be
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:38:06 +0100

--=-KJACK35fQ1FEQ9vH3cW2

Pavlin,

> If you give it a try, please let us know if you run into problems or
> if you have any suggestions for improvements/etc.

OK, I gave it a try and here are my problems when I want to use xorp
combined with user-level click:

There is no feedback that a click configuration file generated by the
awk script is wrong. The side effect is that the control socket isn't
listening, so I see "Could not open user-level Click socket: Connection
refused." and xorp stops.

Then, I ran the awk script alone on the xorp config you kindly gave in
your email (that I modified to use user-level click).  I launched click
with the configuration and I saw these syntax errors:
1) no mac address in arpresponder/arpquerier
2) no mtu in ipfragmenter
3) from_device =3D Null and Null isn't a click element

After having read the awk script, I made these modifications to my xorp
config :
1) I added "mac : 1.1.1.1.1.1" and "mac : 2.2.2.2.2.2" in the interfaces
clauses
2) I added "mtu : 1500" also in the interfaces clause
3) I added "enabled: true" in the vif sections.

After that, awk produces a script that click prefers but there is still
one problem : there are FromDevice(..) and ToDevice(..) elements that
can't exist in a user-level click configuration.

I'm blocked here. How do you do ?

Thanks,
Xavier

--=-KJACK35fQ1FEQ9vH3cW2