[Xorp-hackers] How to have a click + xorp compatible configuration ?

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 05:46:40 -0800

Xavier,

> Now that XORP CVS runs again, I'm retrying to use click and before
> writing my own config files, I'd like to run yours successfully (the one
> you gave in a previous email).  What I'm facing is that I can't have a
> xorp configuration that is both xorp and click compatible.
>
> My configuration is like this currently :
> interfaces {
>     interface eth0 {
>         vif eth0 {
>             address 10.2.0.4 {
>                 prefix-length: 24
>                 broadcast: 10.255.255.255
>             }
>         }
> 	mac: 1:1:1:1:1:1

Try to use 01:01:01:01:01:01 instead.
It appears that currently the parser doesn't accept the former
format. This should be fixed shortly.
Though, I just did a quick test, and explicitly setting the MAC
address in the XORP configuration may trigger another bug (unless
eth0 is down).

Hence, for the time being I'd recommend that you don't specify the
mac and mtu inside the XORP configuration, and let the FEA deal with
that. After the above two problems are fixed, then you can add them
back safely.

>         user-click {
>             enabled: true
>             command-file: "/home/xbr/intel/bin/click"
>             command-extra-arguments: "-R -p 13000"

Note that you shouldn't add "-p 13000" to the extra arguments. The
FEA itself will supply the "-p <port>" arguments. If the -p flag
is supplied twice, then the "click" binary will fail to start.