[Xorp-hackers] XORPSH: command space auto-completion

Mark Handley M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:14:17 +0100

>BTW, is anyone currently working on IS-IS?

We had originally planned for IS-IS to be next on our agenda for
implementation after the 1.0 release, and Atanu had done a certain
amount of preliminary design work.  However, quite a few people have
made it clear to us that for edge-routers, OSPF is much more
important.  So the current plan is to do a completely new OSPF
implementation first, as a replacement for the unsupported OSPF code
in the contrib directory.

The hope is that some of the new OSPF code can then be re-used for a
subsequent IS-IS implementation.  If we had someone with time to
devote, IS-IS could in fact occur in parallel with OSPF, sharing code
as appropriate, but at the moment no-one's signed up for that, and we
don't have enough people in the core-team to do both at once.

Volunteers anyone?

Cheers,
	Mark