[Xorp-hackers] An Introduction to Writing a XORP Process

Mark Handley M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:52:56 +0100

>Below are a number of random comments:

Good points - I agree with all of them.

This started out as an attempt to orient people in the
right direction - really the basics only.  Many of your points go
beyond the basics, which raises the question of what we want this
document to evolve into?  Probably you're right - it should evolve
into a complete XORP programmers guide over time.

I'll try and add material as I find time, but this isn't likely to be
for a few weeks.  If you want to add material yourself, feel free (by
the way, this applies to everyone - if you don't have CVS commit
access, send me text or a diff, and I'll include it)

Also, do you think this is solid enough now to be linked from the web
pages?

>In general, I like the style of the document which has plenty of
>examples, code listings and describes things into tiny details.
>BTW, do you know how easy is to use line numbers in the source code
>listings similar to the text of Stevens' books (RIP).

Well, all the listings are heavily edited down from the actual code
for the sake of space and simplicity (only including the relevant
pieces).  Would you put the original line numbers in the listings?
This would obviously have to be done manually.

Cheers,
	Mark