[Xorp-hackers] Re: [Xorp-users] Template file problem

Adam Greenhalgh adam@hiddennet.net
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:19:38 +0100

Group in this context is the unix group. If a normal user (non root)
runs xorpsh and wants to change from the normal mode where you can only
view the xorp configuration to the configuration mode where you can
configure the router, that user needs to a member of the unix group
called "xorp" .

For example :

bash-2.05b$ cat /etc/group | grep xorp
xorp:*:244:adam,eve,snake

The users adam, eve, snake and root would be able to configure xorp on
the system above by running the xorp shell, xorpsh .

Hope this helps

Adam