[Xorp-hackers] xorpsh startup message

edrt edrt@citiz.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:24:59 +0800

Hi All,

   I have installed XORP on 6 nodes to test PIMSM. When XORP-1.0RC was released,
I upgraded all the nodes from XORP-0.5 to XORP-1.0RC. After some testing, I
thought I found a bug and reported it to Pavlin. Followed his advice, I tried to
upgrade all the nodes to the latest cvs code. When upgrading the nodes, I found
the problem lies in I forgot to upgrade some of the nodes to XORP-1.0RC when testing.
(The problem already fixed in XORP-1.0RC.)

  I propose to add BUILD_HOST, BUILD_DATE information to xorpsh startup message
to help administrator/developer to detect this kind of multiple revision system managment
problem. And Pavlin suggested to post on the mailing list to gather more requests/ideas on
what additional useful information should be added to xorpsh startup message.

   So, pls throw suggestions to this mail thread :)

Thanks
Eddy