[Xorp-hackers] cannot add to RIB

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:22:21 -0800

> Hi XORP users,
>
> I use xorp 0.5 and now port a routing protocol X with IPv6 support to XORP.
>
> I can add table to RIB by send-add_igp_table6(..), and get callback message.
> But when X module tries to send a route to RIB by
> ribClient.send_add_route6(.....)
> always got :
> process was killed with signal 11
> Module abnormally killed: X
>
> I trace down the code, and find out the problem is calling this function
> in rib_xif.cc
>
> _sender->send(x, callback(this, ......, ::unmarshall_add_route6, cb);
>
> it seems that unmarshall_add_route6() hasn't been executed.
>
> Could anyone tell me where the problem is?

Liang,

Can you try to use the lastest XORP code from the CVS repository. It
contains numerous fixes since xorp-0.5 release. For example, it
contains a new StaticRoutes module (xorp/static_routes) which uses
send_add_route6() to install static IPv6 routes in RIB->FEA->kernel.
I just tested it again and it seems to work.

Regards,
Pavlin