[Xorp-hackers] cannot add to RIB

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:45:19 -0800

> Thanks for your quick reply...
> The internal test is failed (1 of 18 tests failed)
> Fatal test_finder_events: 21704 FINDER +331 test_find_events.cc assert_
> observer_watching ]..........
>
> The Linux kernel is
> 2.4.20-13.9.HOSTAP

Hmmm, interesting. We have RedHat-7.3 with 2.4.20-28.7smp kernel.
We are running automated tests every few hours on that machine and
we haven't seen that error. Was there any other xorp process running
while you were running the above test (e.g., maybe some leftovers,
etc)?

> Should I install some RPMS?

Maybe no.
In general, to run some of the internal tests you must have "bash"
installed. Also, depends on your Linux distribution, you may have to
install openssl-devel and ncurses (see the Linux entry in the
BUILD_NOTES file), but if the compilation succeeded for you then you
probably don't need them.

> So StaticRoutes is a another routing module, and I still have to send
> route directly to RIB. But you did test the send_add_route6() and it works,
> didn't you?

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my email about the purpose of StaticRoutes.
Yes, StaticRoutes is just another routing module which happens to
use send_add_route6(). So you can look in its source code to
find-out whether you were doing something different in respect of
registering your module with the RIB and sending routes to it.
The whole StaticRoutes module is rather simple so I guess it will be
relatively easy to find the relevant stuff, but let me know if you
have any questions.

Regards,
Pavlin