[Xorp-hackers] cannot add to RIB

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:23:42 -0800

> Thanks! I installed and test the latest code on another Linux
> box (kernel 2.4.20-13.9), it seems OK because it finished "gmake
> check" process though there were some error messages appeared.

Can you send those error messages.

> I have some questions to ask:
> 1. Now the module x is killed again with more detailed info:
> FATAL xorp_x: xxx LIBXORP +37 eventloop.cc EventLoop ] Asserttion
> (instance_count ==1)
> failed

> process was killed with signal 6
> Module abnormally killed:X
>
> I checked the Eventloop code, the error messages means that "the
> EventLoop::run
> has not been called". But I did set it run.

The "EventLoop::run has not been called" comment applies to variable
"last_ev_run".

It looks like that you have tried to create more than one EventLoop
instance within the same binary. Currently, for many reasons we
don't support more than EventLoop instance. You would have to create
a single instance, and then pass it as reference elsewhere.

> 2. What dos IfMgrXrlMirror object do in the StaticRoutes code? Do I have
> to use
> it if the module only sends route to RIB?

Currently it is not used (but will be used in the future). Its
purpose is to track the status of the network interfaces. Thus if,
say, a network interface goes down, then StaticRoutes will withdraw
all static routes that use that interface.

Regards,
Pavlin