[Xorp-hackers] XORP configuration syntax consistency questions

Mark Handley M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon, 10 May 2004 23:54:27 +0100

>1. The template/configuration syntax allows us to use either "-" or
>   "_" (i.e., hyphen or underscore) within the name of a
>   configuration/template node. E.g.: "as-number" or "as_number".
>   Right now, we use both "-" and "_" in the rtrmgr templates (and
>   the sample config files) when we have to separate the words in a
>   long name. For consistency it will be nicer if we select a style
>   that uses either "-" or "_".
>
>   Therefore, if you have preference please speak-up now.

Given that our CLI is loosely based on Juniper's, we have been
following an informal procedure: do it the same as Juniper unless
there's a good reason to do it differently.  I'd say this applies here.

 - Mark