[Xorp-hackers] Doubts on compiling routing process

Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes rafael.guimaraes@ac.upc.es
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:55:27 +0100

Hello All,

As you know from previous emails, I am trying to migrate a routing
process into XORP. I partially integrated it to XORP but I am little
lost with respect to its compilation. Let me explain what I have done so
far, and what I don't know how to do.

1) I have create a example.tgt file for my routing process and it does
implement only the common interface. I used the command line below to
generate  the example.xrls, example_base.cc and example_base.hh:
cpp -I ../interfaces example.tgt |../scripts/tgt-gen
(There is a directory under targets called .deps, should there be an
example_base.Po file there? How this is done? What should I change in
the Makefiles)

2) The only change I have made so far in the original routing process is
to add/remove routes through XORP. This means that, in fact, it is
something like the static routes, but routes are not received by XRL,
instead it is computed by the routing process. In a second step I will
migrate the sending and reception of control packets. The whole code is
place into xorp-1.0/example. How do I compile it together with XORP? How
do I generate its Makefile?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Cheers,

  Rafael Paoliello Guimaraes
  PhD Student - Computer Networking Group
  Department of Computer Architecture (DAC)
  Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC)
  Phone: +34-934017187   Fax: +34-934017055