[Xorp-hackers] SSM/MLDv2 support

Stig Venaas Stig.Venaas@uninett.no
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:49:26 +0200

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 12:09:17AM +0100, Piers O'Hanlon wrote:

> > > Thanks for getting back to me. I wondered if Xorp had been tested on Linux-2.6.7+ with Micheal Hoerdt's new forwarding code:
> > > http://clarinet.u-strasbg.fr/~hoerdt/linux_ipv6_mforwarding/
> >
> > Testing it is on my TODO list, but so far I didn't have the time to
> > test it. Has anyone tried it already?
> >
> I'm not sure - I think Stig Venaas and possibly Micheal have been playing - though I'm not sure how far they've got with it + Xorp. I wasn't sure if it was just config or coding that was required to get it going with Xorp...?

Mickael ported the pim6sd daemon and we've both been doing testing and
fixing bugs. Both the daemon and forwarding code works, although I'm
not surprised if there are some minor glitches.

I'll test XORP on Linux as soon as it can do the forwarding. Mickael
can go into more details on the API, I haven't checked, but I think
it's pretty much the same as on FreeBSD. Haven't checked if it does
things like PIM register encaps in kernel though.

> > > Also any ideas if/when MLDv2 implementation will start?
> >
> > So far the plan is to do this early next year.
> >
> Sounds good.

I was just wondering about this also. We're doing SSM testing and
wanted to include XORP if possible.

Stig