[Xorp-hackers] Web interface for XORP

Atanu Ghosh atanu@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:09:45 -0700

>>>>> "Bâkır" == Bâkır EMRE <Bemre.Emre@gmail.com> writes:

    Bâkır> Hi
    Bâkır> we are the students in  university of kocaeli and we are working our
    Bâkır> term project. We want to make web interface for XORP.And want to  help
    Bâkır> from you
    Bâkır> Firstly our problem is using rtrmgr or cli for web interface.Which
    Bâkır> usage more efficient then other for web interface .In other words
    Bâkır> usage of ClI's scripts or usage of rtrmgr API which is not difficult
    Bâkır> then other.
    Bâkır> we would thanks already

It depends on what functionality you wish to provide, which component
you should interact with emulate.

All the processes are managed by the router manager process. The XORP
command line submits configuration changes to the router manager which
then sends the appopriate XRls to the relevant processes. When a user
wants to see a routing table the XORP command line typicaly runs a
separate program.

An ambitious WEB project would be to emulate all the functionality of
the XORP command line (xorpsh). This would allow that router to be
configured via the web as well as displaying state.

A less ambitious project may be to show the state of routing processes,
interfaces, routing tables etc... Using cgi scripts, serverlets, or some other
mechanism it should be possible to run the commands that display this
state.

	Atanu.
p.s.
Some useful documentation:

<http://www.xorp.org/releases/current/docs/libxipc/xrl_interfaces.pdf>
<http://www.xorp.org/releases/current/docs/libxipc/libxipc_overview.pdf>

In the latest sources look in xorp/docs/xorpdev_101.