[Xorp-hackers] cannot compiling in Fedora core 2 when adding module in XORP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:47:45 -0700

> Run "bootstrap" in the top level directory, it will run the auto*
> commands. You will still need to run configure.

In addition, please make sure that you are using the same versions
of autoconf and automake we use:

pavlin@possum[85] autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53

pavlin@possum[86] automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.5

The reason is that it is very difficult to write configure.in file
that works across all autoconf/automake versions.

After you install the above versions, please make sure that they are
not installed with a different name. Otherwise, the "bootstrap"
script may still run the wrong version.

In general, if you edit the configure.in file, or any of the
Makefile.am files, then all you need to do is:

./bootstrap
./configure

Regards,
Pavlin