[Xorp-hackers] Query on Policy-Based Routing

Ajay Anil Mahimkar mahimkar@sunfire2.ece.utexas.edu
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:18:10 -0500 (CDT)

I looked at bgp.tp and policy.tp. Could someone please let me know whether
(network4:ipv4net) in the "to" clause implies the destination network
prefix. Also, in policy.tp, network4:ipv4net is present in both "from" and
"to". Could someone elaborate on this?
Basically, I want to know the functionality of "network4" in from and to.
Also, is this the correct way to set LOCALPREF for say a destination
network prefix,

policy {
	policy-statement next-hop-selection {
		term 1 {
			to {
				network4: 128.43.0.0; (example destination
prefix)
   			}
			then {
				localpref: 300
			}
		}
	}
}

One more question, if in the nexthop4 in the "then", if i specify an
address that is not directly connected, would IGP be used to find the
next hop interface for this nexthop4 address ?

Also, currently do you support traffic classification based on interfaces.
For example, if i want to select route based on the interface on which i
received packet, like on interface eth1, i prefer a certain next-hop while
on eth2, a different next-hop is preferred. Is this currently supported ?

THanks,
- Ajay

Ajay Mahimkar
Graduate Student
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78713
USA
Email: mahimkar@ece.utexas.edu