[Xorp-hackers] IGMPv3 and related

Guillaume Leclanche leclanch@enst.fr
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:40:54 +0200

Jonathan Day a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I notice that IGMPv3 is on the roadmap and that there
> were posts last month about someone getting ready to
> add IGMPv3 to the CVS tree. However, I recognize that
> until it has been thoroughly beaten up by testers, it
> is not going to be in any kind of final form and so
> any answers will be slightly speculative.

Hello,

since I'm the one who said I was coding a patch in order for XORP to
support igmpv3, I can precise I'm implementing strictly the RFC 3376,
nothing more (and hopefully nothing less ;).

Whether I have finished or not, I'll release the patch (likely
untested) in about 10 days (which is my deadline since I start working
abroad on the 29th). I'll do my best to describe clearly what will be
done and to be done. I hope it will at least help you all going on
with the implementation !

Anyway, I really "enjoy" working (well enjoy and working do not really
fit together :) on XORP code since it's very well documented and
clear. I'll remember it if I ever need a router with its
characteristics in my soon-to-begin network engineer life.

Guillaume