[Xorp-hackers] Interfacing for runtime config

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:07:50 -0700

> Would it be possible to put the configuration in a common place so that a
> user-define process and the xorpsh could access the same info?  I would hate
> to lose the use of the xorpsh since it is an invaluable resource for
> debugging.

The configuration's common place is the rtrmgr, and the xorpsh is the
front-end for accessing and modifying it.

Hence, if you really are against using a shell script that invokes
xorpsh to modify that info, then you can write your own process that
talks directly to the rtrmgr using the xorpsh/rtrmgr XRL
interface.
See rtrmgr.xif and rtrmgr_client.xif XRL interfaces about what the
XRL exchange looks like.

Pavlin