[Xorp-hackers] release.

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:26:39 -0700

> I'm not sure my last mail ever reached the mailing
> list btw is it xorp-hackers@icir.org or @xorp.org?

Yes, it reached the list, but we have been thinking for very long
time what the reply should be :)

No, seriously, we have been busy with fixing various things and the
side effect of this is that occasionally an email is
(unintentionally) overlooked.

> v1.2 is scheduled for release now in August,
> perhaps a release candidate would be appropriate?

Yes, there will be a release candidate, but we are not ready yet so
it may be delayed a bit.

> I have a few thoughts on the rtrmgr as well;
> I've noticed that it shuts down due to a lot of
> small errors. Sometimes the faults are larger but
> still I beleive it should be handled with an
> error message and not a exit.
>
> For example, OSPF is broken in CVS and so when
> trying to start an ospf process the rtrmgr dies
> with an error. Why not inform the xorpsh of this
> in a graceful manner without the exit.
> Another example is where the local hostname does
> not resolve which results in the rtrmgr not starting.
> What if someone misconfigured their router and
> then rebooted it from remote. It would never
> start.

Agree. Please add them as (separate) bugzilla entries.