[Xorp-hackers] RE: Xorp-hackers digest, Vol 1 #183 - 1 msg

Weaver John-JWEAVER1 John.Weaver@motorola.com
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:47:51 -0500

Maybe I read it, but I thought we discussed it at one time.  Any way, when I
bring up the system I will be configuring some TAP interfaces (i.e. TAP0,
TAP1, etc.) before starting the XORP daemon.  Is there a way to tell XORP to
configure PIM and IGMP on its own to read the info and fill in its own
config for these particular interfaces and no others?

Thanks,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavlin Radoslavov [mailto:pavlin@icir.org]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 2:42 PM
To: Weaver John-JWEAVER1
Cc: Pavlin Radoslavov; xorp-hackers@icir.org
Subject: Re: [Xorp-hackers] RE: Xorp-hackers digest, Vol 1 #183 - 1 msg

> Sounds like a very interesting project although I am having a hard
> time wrapping my brain around the XRL stuff.  I remember you telling
> once that XORP can be brought up and read particular interfaces on its
> own and configure itself.  How would I do this and is this possible
> with just TAP interfaces?

Was it in the context of implicitly configuring a network interface (inside
XORP) to use whatever IP addresses have been assigned already to that
interface:

interfaces {
    interface rl0 {
        default-system-config
    }
}

In general, you should be able to use "default-system-config" for any
network interfaces.

If no, then please resend me the email so I can refresh my memory.

Pavlin